View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
What's the most effective way to find new books?
I find that I tend to come across new books most often when I'm looking for them.

But seriously... I just read. Part of what makes it so easy for me, is that I have no self-imposed rules about trying to select books that I'm already fairly certain I'm going to adore before I even read a single page. That would make me a complacent reader. I would miss out on many kinds of books I just wasn't aware I enjoyed until after I'd read them. That happens to me a lot.

Personally, I work under the assumption that "what I like" is still very much a work in progress. It's certainly not carved in stone, by any means. And as such, I don't consider it a failure on my part to have chosen a book at random that it turned out I didn't like. I just stop reading it and move on if it becomes too much of a chore for me. No sweat.

So the answer to the question, for me, is simple. I find new books I love to read by reading scads of books which I have no clue before-hand whether or not I might enjoy them.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-09-2012 at 08:57 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote