View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #3
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much for your message.

Quote:
Looks like these are the two issues:

1. The book is expecting you to have a file guide.xhtml, but it isn't in the EPUB.

2. It looks like your cover file is cover.png, so you should be able to delete this extra line:

Code:
<item id="cover_png" href="Images/cover.png" media-type="image/png" properties="cover-image"/>
Explanation: There's only supposed to be a single cover for the EPUB... but whatever tool you used accidentally points to the cover twice.
So, the original file came from a website that auto-generates the file from content on the site. I don't know what they were using on the backend to create it but I will ask.

The file I posted was from a later version that I worked on in Sigil. At one point in the process I used the epub2 to epub3 export plugin.

I went back to the original file and found this...
Code:
<item id="cover_png" properties="cover-image" href="images/cover.png" media-type="image/png"/>
<item href="images/cover.png" id="img001" media-type="image/png"/>
Different from what I posted in the OP, but clearly still not right.

The validator in Sigil had never had any issue before or after converting it to epub3. In fact the only reason I am hopping down this rabbit hole is that the cover isn't showing up when the book is uploaded to google books/play. But for now I'm just trying to get it to validate so I can rule that out.

Thanks again! I still need to investigate point 1 in your very helpful message.
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote