View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #4
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
OTG has been around since Android v2.2 and I can't see why Google would disable it in v4.1. The Nexus 7 Guidebook says that keyboards, mice and other devices are supported with the addition of a USB adapter.

Of course it is possible that OTG has been partially disabled, but for the life of me I can't see why. I don't think I would put too much credence in a single blogger to have the final word on the matter. None of the first tier reviewers have mention it.

I have a Nexus 7 on order so I guess we will know, with certainty, in a couple of weeks.

Regards - John

P.S. I got this USB adapter for my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-EPL-1P...ng+usb+adapter
I had USB OTG on my Windows Mobile 6.+ O2 Flame in 2006. I quite often used a flexible keyboard with that device to do some extended typing. And thumb drives also worked. Not exactly new technology.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote