View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Update - finished reading the first title in the series (The Man With A Load of Mischief) on a Kindle - the book is well edited & formatted - no extra spaces between paragraphs, etc. Just a few typos - mainly extra "-" that were not removed from original breaks at line ends, and a couple of rare scanning errors.

Very nicely produced ebook - but $11.99 for a book originally published in 1981? Methinks the publishers are cynically relying on a reading public that has been waiting for this series to appear as ebooks - as it does stand up well with re-readings. The first 10 books of this series are much richer - in characters and plotting - than the later entries - Grimes dropped most of the Long Pidd cast of characters to center the series on Jury alone - a mistake IMHO.

[Note: I wonder why BBC/ITV never picked up on this series for TV adaptations .... I've seen a lot of British character actors in the Midsomer Murder series that I've mentally transplanted to Long Piddleton]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote