View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Paperweight has a 4bit framebuffer

In addition there are reductions in storage, compared to the 3keyboard like numbers I was hoping for.

Think that really caps it - for me now - in terms of getting proper buildroot support going.

Rather was banking on the 8bpp FB. now they have moved to 4Bpp again. well. phoeey. It puts all manner of nice things that bit further back again.

Coupled with the tiny storage it becomes a moot point really. It's so insanely small almost nothing will fit in it.

Total disaster IMHO for the development community. I think this just underlines Amazons total non-commitment to those involved in the early kdk work and subsequent application offerings.

Screen looks nice I suppose ; (
Ho Hum.

Oh... and we better get some new prefixes sharpish - they are on sale now.

Last edited by twobob; 09-06-2012 at 05:11 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote