View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #30
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpynose View Post
Yes, [1] with the A tags around it is easier to tap than having only the 1 inside the A tags with the brackets outside of them. With no brackets it's definitely fiddly.

But what about superscripting? I noticed that having the [1] as a superscript was pushing up the line above it. I have this vague feeling that having a [1] in the middle or at the end of a sentence would look sort of odd. Putting the word Footnote in front of it disambiguates it.
You probably can't avoid making somebody unhappy. Would [Note 1] be too ambiguous? If so, I can certainly live with [Footnote 1]. Maybe someone else will weigh in with something really authoritative or convincing. I've finally learned to tap very small note indicators (I used to be so careful that I accidentally long pressed them, which resulted in a dictionary search of the character used for the footnote and I was convinced there are a lot of broken books out there until I learned to tap). Now my main problem with small note symbols is that I don't see them.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote