View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 06:19 PM   #29
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
When I'm reading a book, I often mistake teeny tiny superscripts for misplaced punctuation or specks of dust on the screen, or don't notice them at all. I would prefer [1] as [Footnote 1] seems a bit much, but I could get used to [Footnote 1].
Yes, [1] with the A tags around it is easier to tap than having only the 1 inside the A tags with the brackets outside of them. With no brackets it's definitely fiddly.

But what about superscripting? I noticed that having the [1] as a superscript was pushing up the line above it. I have this vague feeling that having a [1] in the middle or at the end of a sentence would look sort of odd. Putting the word Footnote in front of it disambiguates it.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote