Thread: margin: 0 auto;
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is not about PDF. This is about ePub. So converting ePub to PDF is irrelevant.
But still ePUBs are read in devices with a variety of resolutions. Your call to margins using absolute units is valid and sensible, but that means using pt, cm, mm, in... pixels are a device-dependent unit and should not be used if you want absolute units.

Quote:
Personally, I'd just find it really annoying to have the margins change with the text size. I would either have to fix it myself or just not read the book and also maybe put you in the thread about poorly made eBooks.
Fair enough, I try to create my books so that they are easy to modify . Note, however, that I was not referring to page margins, but relative margins and indents of different pieces of text, like poetry or blockquotes.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote