View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #5
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I find it easiest to switch to "ALL" view on the Kindle and tap the covers of the books I want to download. I can queue up books more quickly that way than on the web site.
my /all/ view contains nearly 6000 books. that's a _lot_ of pages to flip. if there was an option to only show the books i need to download that would be one thing, but evidently that's too easy for amazon.

Quote:
Calibre is supposed to be able to link the copy downloaded from Amazon to the same book in your calibre library. You should not need two two copies of the same book on your Kindle.
when the oasis is connected, calibre shows in the /device/ field '(2 books). and indeed there are two books on the kindle so i can't see that any combining or linking is taking place. is there something in the setting i need to tweak?

tks, /guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote