View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 12:58 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
The Kobo store, dissing 4 of 6 authors featured, apparently.
Perhaps they did not feel like being politically correct and changing the Oscar Wilde quote?

Would you have preferred "Anybody can make history. Only a great <insert non-excluding noun of your choice> can write it.

Oscar Wilde was very correct when he said “Give a man a mask and he will show his true face” looking at what anonymous posters have done to the Internet.

Even locally where the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League drafted a 15 year old girl as a skater. There have been female goaltenders drafted before but this is the first time a female has been drafted as a skater. Some of the comments were so far over the line, they would need the James Webb telescope to catch a glimpse of it. Reminded me of some of the fuss when Hayley Wickenheiser played in men's league games in Europe (Finland and Sweden if my memory serves me).