View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
My reason for suggesting that 'a savvy user would only need to type in the "known" word' had nothing to do with enabling spam. It was more my way of getting a tiny measure of revenge against the growing nuisance of these devices.

But I didn't mean it to be taken seriously.
So, I'm not striking back out you, because I agree that these are quite tiresome. However, I would suggest that the best target of our frustration is not the recaptcha users, but the sleezy spambot organizations that make recaptcha necessary.

In fact, the Internet in general would be a much more pleasant experience if only we didn't have to guard against spam, viruses, adware and the like. It's amazing when you consider the aggravation tax that we all must bear because of the actions of a few graffiti spraying kids and a handful of sleezy 'business' people.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote