View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:16 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
After hearing rumors of Windows 10 being subscription based with either a monthly or yearly fee, this is surprising news (in a good way). It almost makes me consider upgrading my 2 XP machines to Windows 7 now. Except for so many things I absolutely hate about Windows 7 and that those 2 XP machines are so rock-solid stable without any problems at all makes me think why bother.

I don't think it's resistance to change or disinterest as much as if it's not broke, don't change it, especially to something that will continually annoy you daily. There wasn't this resistance to upgrading Windows from 3 to 3.11 to 95 and then to 98. I guess I'll try Windows 10 while it's free, but with a full working cloned drive of the Windows 7 installation on my main PC in case I hate it so I can just switch back easily.
I've found Windows 7 to be faster and more stable than XP.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote