View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #42
jalandar
Connoisseur
jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jalandar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, Asus TF300T
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It makes perfect sense to me, but maybe I'm missing something. Amazon wants to stop paying a cut on unrelated sales to entities who don't bring in any money. I don't blame them.
If this was the case, they would have eliminated all avenues of doing that, not just free kindle books. Amazon has always, and continues, to pay people for indirect sales to people whose first click through were not from orders. I know "funny item" blogs that link to things on amazon that are, frankly, silly items, no one would buy, but people click to see the items and laugh, and then anything they buy in the next 24 hours, that site gets the commission on, even though they had nothing to do with the sale that the commission is from. Free mp3s, and prime videos, are also ways to send non-sale traffic to Amazon still and get the same indirect income.

Amazon is not against doing that, clearly, so that is not the issue.
jalandar is offline   Reply With Quote