View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear BearMountain:

I work for Astak so I am likely biased. But, we have helped a lot of people with eye problems.

You could get an Astak Pocket PRO (www.theEZreader.com). While it is a 5 inch size, they took all the pixels of a 6 inch and put them in the 5 inch. The result is a very easy to read screen with 9 font sizes.

It also has Text-to-Speech so it can read to you. At $199 it is a bargain!
But the contrast is lower than on a Sony 505. The 5" screens have lower contrast than the bigger screens -- from my comparisons. I've yet to see anyone come up with objective measurements stating one way or the other. The black is the same on both the 505 and the PP but the background is darker on the PP than on the 505.

Font size if bigger might be useful but I'm not seeing bigger fonts on the PP than on the 505 (but it does have smaller ones).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote