View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #8
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
And I don't see you listing any other devices too.
Because I don't use any, yet

However...
Quote:
Hats off to your dedication
Thank you, but please don't misunderstand -- 'dedication' would imply I am making some effort to go on, when it's actually the complete opposite: I just keep using/doing what works for me because even physically fixing stuff by myself, and the occasional file format bump, pose less of an effort than trying to play catch up with other stuff I don't really need or care about (like online ebook stores, and their policies).

Also, iRex going belly up let me get a gazillion devices for very little money (compared to prices while they were in business, anyway): I see there are possibly suitable replacements for the DRs (in terms of size and capabilities) in the market now, but even at their current prices, cheaper than iRex's back in the day, there is no way I could have acquired a stock of devices like mine. Hadn't that happened, we could possibly be using a very limited bunch of some other 8/10" devices now, and worrying about their potential life time, etc.

You could have seen some dedication (new stuff being developed for the DRs), but unfortunately I jumped in while most of the possible audience and other developers were on their way out, so too late -- working around limitations of the DRs outside their realm is easier than setting up a full-fledged developers' environment and learning to code something that only maybe ten people in the world will use in the end
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote