View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayman View Post
I use it, must have read over 100 books with it; although I`m getting an Eee PC soon and that will become my main eBook reader.

Some tips:
Using a CPU/Bus Speed of 10/5MHz and a Menu Speed of 222/111MHz (can be set in Bookr`s options), I found that I have around 6-7 hours of battery time with it, although I used to have more (old battery). Bind both left+right arrow and left+right triggers for previous/next page, this way you can flip pages easily no matter which hand you`re holding your PSP with.

Set it to a black background, cream/light brown colored text, use Arial as font and use the lowest brightness level, that way it`s good for reading in the dark. I have personally found that a font size of 16 and a line height of 110 are optimal for me, but obviously everyone should experiment and see what`s better.

More recent versions of bookr can be found here, the 3.71 one works for PSP Slim as well. This version also supports DJVU, but I can`t vouch for that, I only use it for txt files; plus it swaps X and O, which I honestly like a lot. It also has a Plain text - Wrap CRs option, but I haven`t really experimented with this, I usually remove linebreaks with MS Word.
I did this for about 6 months. and it killed my Eyes after 15 minutes of Reading, I could Still read just fine, but i would have trouble focusing on distant objects. it was very disconcerting, and so i got my First Eink Device.

I also like the PSP for Reading.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote