View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Sony's pretty good (if that's the right term) about getting consistent pricing when their new models come out.
In the United States in the olden days -- about 5 years or so ago -- a manufacturer could "suggest" a retail price but could not require retailers to sell at that price. That was because of trade legislation and a US Supreme Court decision from the 1960s (I think that is when -- it's been too long since I practiced law for me to remember accurately, plus I have gotten much more senile as I have gotten older and older and older . . .). But with the advent of the Bush court, that has changed and manufacturers can now not only "suggest" the price but enforce the price.

From my causual observations of the retail market in the US, I would venture that Sony is probably the manufacturer most likely to do this. There is rarely any difference between the Sony MSRP (suggested price) and the retail price regardless of the store, and there is rarely much price difference between retail stores of Sony products.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote