View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yeah, I can see that, but it's a bit different than what I was getting at. Not sure fan fiction has anything to do with it other than perhaps fan fiction is riddled with grammatical errors. I tend to think of that kind of editing (technical editing?) as a different skill than storytelling though. It's the storytelling aspects that I'm more concerned with and how that has affected you as a reader -- perhaps not at all, eh?
Touche, though writing a fan fiction can help you develop your writing skills to a degree. I mean you have the characters and setting all laid out already (though you need to develop that with an original work) and writing it can help you to see where you need to work to improve your own writing skills.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote