View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #89
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigmol View Post
Yes the light is slightly uneven at the bottom but lets face it this is still an emerging technology and doesn't effect my reading. A solid 5 stars
If the only problem people were having was the uneven light distribution at the bottom of the screen, that'd be fine. However, so many people seem to be getting screens that are blotchy and discoloured. I don't have perfect eyesight nor do I consider myself to be particularly sensitive to light or colour, but I can see the green & pink hues on the screens of some of those pictures people are posting.

It's great that some people are getting good screens and are perfectly happy with their new Kindle's but Amazon are really letting the ball drop here with poor quality control. I probably won't upgrade this year, but if I did, right now I'd buy a Kobo Glo over a Paperwhite... (although as I'm not desperate for a light, I'd probably just go with the improved K4).

Last edited by soulfuldog; 10-18-2012 at 10:08 AM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote