View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
FBReader and Displaying Italics

My would-be favorite Android reading app is FBReader. I like the interface, the file support, and the fact that it's the smoothest and most responsive reader I've tried.

Regrettably though, there is one unfortunate problem with FBReader that prevents me from using it: namely, FBReader doesn't support CSS. Which means that any book I read which includes text formatting (such as italics, bold, etc) does not display properly. Or rather, doesn't display at all.

For some books it's not a huge problem. Others though become unreadable. Is there some software workaround to this issue? Can I perhaps perform some sort of Calibre conversion (all my epub files are DRM free) so that the books display properly? Any advice would be much appreciated.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote