View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 AM   #1799
ddurdle
ddurdle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Keyboard
I'm trying to install this on a jailbroken Kindle Keyboard running 3.4

I'm stuck at this part:
Quote:
First, the prerequisites: your device of course still needs to be jailbroken, and needs to be running a recent "hotfix" version (the vast majority of you should be covered, only the early adopters might need to update their hotfix). Then, you will have to install MR Package Installer (MRPI). Never mind that it's technically a KUAL extension and that we're in effect doing things in reverse .

Once that's done, put the Update_KUALBooklet_v*_install.bin file (found in the same archive as mentioned earlier) in the mrpackages folder, which you'll find at the root of your Kindle over USB, then eject & unplug you Kindle.

Finally, enter ;log mrpi in the Homescreen's searchbar (in a similar fashion as what you had to do during the Jailbreak), and wait for MRPI to do its thing.
When the UI finishes restarting, you should end up with a KUAL entry in your Library (showing as a personal document).
Following the instructions of MR Package Installer, it just says to move two directories over to kindle. Later on when I try to "search" for ;log mrpi, nothing happens.
ddurdle is offline   Reply With Quote