View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this really puzzling?
Not to me. The covers are usually barely relevant to the story, and most times, the author has zero say in the choice of cover art anyway. And quite frankly, the "author's say" is the only thing that interests me in a book. Not some picture that an artist (or more and more lately, a Photoshop savant) whipped up after reading a quick synopsis of the book.

I don't care how well singers can dance either.

Books catch my attention through recommendations and news/blog articles and reviews. Then I go buy them (or download a sample). I rarely "browse" books. I see little reward in it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-02-2013 at 12:59 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote