View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #214
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I have no problem with paying for services including browsing for books. When I lived in the U.S. I would have paid an annual membership to be a "member" of The Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver and in the local bookstore, The Stone Lion. I realize some understand that all services and products must be paid for but not by them.

Whether it would be a good business plan or not, I'm not sure. Depends on the management, I think. I can imagine a local bookstore, with rooms for book clubs of members to meet, hosting authors for talks and signing books, hosting creative writing classes, and other services might be able to have a members bookstore with occasional browsers paying.

When I was in a book club we would deliver our list of books to the local bookstore and they would order all the books, bundle them, and sell them to our members at a discount. That's a service I value.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote