View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
30 years ago I'd spend all day programming at work, come home, and spend all evening programming at home. These days, programming is the way I pay the bills. When I leave the office, the last thing I want to do is to do more of it at home. Time tends to make you a little cynical about such things.
Yes, but that was precisely my point. Not that you have to keep doing it to be a good programmer, but that good programmers usually have already spent a lot of time doing that in the past, even if they no longer do so.

I'm much the same now, I used to spend a lot of my spare time coding. Now it's mostly coding during work hours and occasionally doing a little research at home.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote