View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #474
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
So much fail in this response it's hard to know where to begin.

First, the iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM, which is 3 times smaller than a regular SIM card and is certainly not at all the same size as a Micro-SD card. Volumetrically, it's half as large. Secondly, I invite you or our esteemed electronics designer to point out where the "plenty of room" in the iPhone 5 chassis is in the following image of its internals:

Then I'd like his or your esteemed opinion of the compromises on, say, battery life that would be required by adding another port.

Second, price gouging is a term that can only apply to a coercive monopoly or to a company that sells essential goods after a supply shock, neither of which apply to Apple. The less intelligent members of this board seem to think that companies are obligated to sell their goods at cost. Their sense of entitlement is endearing but tells us nothing interesting about the value of different goods.

Apple is, of course, the most successful technology company of all time. I honestly don't know why you people even bother trying to deny that at this point, as if the company was going to fall into the sea tomorrow because it doesn't give its products away to disgruntled malcontents. If I cared, and if I owned Apple stock, I would probably be pretty happy with their performance to date. Hypocrite kennyc can likely elaborate on that, since he owns $AAPL, despite his avowed hatred of the brand.
That's quite a rant.

First off, if you are going to look at expandable memory from a viewpoint of any compromise whatsoever is a failure, there is no reasoning with you. So I'll just say that the competition with expandable memory doesn't seem to be hampered by it in any noticeable way and leave it at that.

Second, you full well know what he meant by the term price gouging. Stick to the point please. Nobody is claiming to be "entitled" to anything. Competitors already offer this at no additional cost and people tend to prefer it when given the option.

Lastly, we all know Apple is successful and profitable. Today. That doesn't justify charging $100 for $7 worth of memory any more than Android's dominating phone marketshare automatically means it's the superior os for everyone. And it doesn't mean they will continue to see such huge profit margins, especially as their market share dwindles. They've been on this roller coaster before after all.