View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
If you have time try to build it yourself. There are lots of possibilities.
I definitely didn't try all of them.
I tested three renderer types: cairo, opengl and agg. Cairo seems to work better then opengl. And agg doesn't work at all with kindle pixelformat. Opengl still may be build in several manners, so there is still space for new discoveries.

For media handling I tried gstreamer and ffmpeg. Efficiency seems comparable with ffmpeg supporting wider range of formats.

Sound is handled by sdl.

You can also build it with framebuffer or sdl gui.
Right. I see.

Thanks for this info I DEFINITELY want to push this into buildroot. for certain. so any config files and source code diffs are of course always a huge advantage (as I have to patch the makes sometimes)

Thanks for the excellent info.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote