Thread: HD Should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Briefly,

I side loaded a big wad of songs, (almost 60 albums) and found I had only 3 gig left. I already have abt 900 + books on my firehd.

Then the big light bulb went off and I asked myself why I would want to have that many songs (albums) when using windows media player it recognizes the kindle and it is a simple matter of drag and drop.

I do not plan to tote a bunch of movies, except maybe a couple when traveling, and It is easy to drag and drop them when wanted.

My books are another story, with some of the amazon coding, It is hard for me to look at the files and tell what is what, so they stay.

So the available storage space of 16 gig is good for me, seeing that I could not answer my question of "Why". For me songs played a few times as also movies are enough for a "fix" and back they go into digital storage on my hd, and then I can use the available space for "New" media.

32 gig would be nice to have but for what I am doing it is totally unnecessary. But on the other hand anything less say 8gig would not be enough. So 16 gig is just right for me. I can take 10 minuets and totally change my music and movies with out carrying media that I may not use again for while.

That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Thanks DustyD. I don't put music on my Fire but my apps are getting near the top. I could delete some I know. I usually only use the same few.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote