View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Free e-book: "Maelstrom" converted for iSilo and Plucker

Peter Watts' Maelstrom is the sequel to Starfish and the second book of the Rifters Trilogy. Because it's released under a Creative Commons license (Peter follows Cory's steps, and I like it!!), I converted and attached the e-book for you to this thread in HTML, iSilo and Plucker formats. In an older BoingBoing article I found a reference to a review by SciFi.com, saying about Maelstrom:

Like the endlessly mutating and recombinant digital/wetware entities that live in Peter Watts' online Maelstrom, his fiction itself exhibits a wonderful Darwinian adaptability. Internalizing the lessons and modes taught by cyberpunk and fusing them with the Bear/Benford pedigree of hard SF, Watts has bred a robust, streamlined, snarling kind of science fiction which achieves both a sharp-edged verisimilitude and visionary exuberance.

[thanks for the e-mail, Peter!]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maelstrom_HTML.zip (342.8 KB, 1638 views)
File Type: pdb Maelstrom_iSilo.pdb (437.8 KB, 1227 views)
File Type: pdb Maelstrom_Plucker.pdb (377.8 KB, 1352 views)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote