View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Don Quixote for me, too. I barely even got started. I just couldn't find anything to get hold of, so to speak. I do intend to try again one day.

Many years ago, when I was a poor student, I used to buy cheap out-of-copyright classics from discount bookstores, and I used to buy them by weight, essentially, to make sure my money stretched as far as possible. I distinctly remember turning down the slender pamphlet that was Heart of Darkness. I read War and Peace - excellent value - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Three Musketeers, etc, and I think Don Quixote is the only one I still own.

They're all free ebooks nowadays. You kids don't know you're born.

Dune Messiah I have tried a couple of times, and failed to get anywhere with. I loved Dune, but this just seems to overcomplicate it.

I also failed The Two Towers at my first attempt, but managed it second time round. (I still think Fellowship is the best of the three.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote