View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #97
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Just checked my 1.9.14 and the google-analytics.com crap is still there. And, from the looks of the URLs used ( h-t-t-p-://www.google-analytics.com/__utm.gif?utmwv=4.9.5&utms=1&utmn=1028046982&utmhn =devices.kobo.com&utmhid=287349228&utmr=-&utmp=% being one of the four), it is redirecting through g-a.com every time the device needs to connect to devices.kobo.com.

This not being a new thing just further guarantees that Kobo shall never get another penny (or any other amount) from me in the future.
Sorry, I don't understand your reasoning here to freak out at Kobo and promise never to spend another dime... You're aware that almost every piece of software on any type of mobile device has Google Analytics inserted into it right?

I work at a mobile games software company and every one of our games for Android, iOS, BlackBerry, etc use it.

It helps the developer to understand the usage behavior of customers/players using the software. Session length, which buttons are being pressed, where customers coming from, etc. There's so much information you need to gather to make educated decisions on how to update and improve your products.

Here's a reality check... Most every piece of technology you use tracks your statistical usage and behavior and sends it back to the company who made it. It's standard practice and you can't really avoid it. So unless you'd like to be a Luddite you'll just have to live with companies being interested in how their products are being used so they can continue with their business and produce more things you'll want in the future

On a separate note:

I'm having the double click issue. On some menu's the first press only highlights the option and then requires a second touch anywhere to continue the original presses action.

It's like the reader isn't sensing the immediate press/release to action a function.

Haven't really noticed quicker page turns but the Ghosting on text is FAR FAR less.

Last edited by Lunchtray; 12-24-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote