View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #8
Caleb666
Zealot
Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Caleb666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
.......... I sometimes think that 'tags' should be an automatic grouped search term (preferences -> search), combining the text-type columns into a single category. That would encourage more precise information labeling while make an over-category that combines the various information kinds together. Unfortunately, it would also most likely confuse everybody.
I agree with you.

So how does it work now? If I create a custom Genres column, searching for tags won't look for genres, right?

I'm working on organizing my collection now, and I have a few Russian books in there (fiction, humor), and on the one hand I'd like to file them under a few genres, but I'd also like to tag them as being in Russian!

The problem with having tags separate from Genres is that if I use tags sparingly like that (but Genres religiously), then tags become just a bunch of special markers that don't represent my whole collection.
Caleb666 is offline   Reply With Quote