View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Alissa
Connoisseur
Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alissa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 + Story HD + Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by karunaji View Post
No kana/kanji input is yet possible in Kindle therefore all headwords have been provided in romaji to enable quick lookup.
It sounds interesting. I will try it later.

A question is who use this dictionary for what? I assume the primary use of a Kindle dictionary is to read a Kindle ebook. Hence, Japanese-English dictionary should be for English speakers to read Japanese ebooks. I believe, however, that most (if not all) of Jqpanese ebooks are written in Japanese characters (i.e., kana/kanji mixture), so Japanese dictionaries with romaji (i.e., Latin transliteration) headwords seem less useful.

I'm not criticising; I'm just curious.

-- Alissa
Alissa is offline   Reply With Quote