View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I haven't seen anyone comment on it, but I could easily have missed it in the furor. I recall that the leaked documents that we had a year ago included details of a clip on reading light, but I don't see any mention of it on the current Amazon page for Kindle.

Does there appear to be a connection point for it on the Kindles that folks have now? Is there any mention of it in the documentation that comes with the Kindle, or perhaps it has just been designed out?

This has been such a big concern for the various e-ink devices we've had so far, I'm just wondering where we are on it with the Kindle.
On pages 18-20 of this document
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...4&d=1189621444
The 'included' reading light is shown and described.

It was held in place by a magnet and I have read that the magnet interfered with the wireless modem reception and was ditched for that reason.

Also, the original name for the Kindle was 'Fiona'. If you even now go to the 'Manage Your Kindle' page on Amazon it says 'digital/fiona' amongst the gobblegook of the url.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote