View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #13
Mad_Max
Mad_Max began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Protected by Digital Rights does mean that the DRM is working. But an error like that suggests maybe that the ereader is not authorized for Adobe Digital Editions. Did you sign up for an Adobe ID when you setup your ereader?
What I meant is that I assumed that the DRM was working because the countdown clock shows up below the book icon.

I have a valid adobe ID and it is associated with the reader library software and reader. The books that I did transfer, after doing the clean install, work fine. I can open the books and read them just fine, and they have the countdown clock as well.

If I bypass the reader library software and just drag and drop a protected epub book from the folder on my computer to the reader's media folder (as i can for an unprotected book from, e.g., project gutenberg) the countdown clock does not appear and the book also opens to the "protected by DRM" screen. Transferring using the reader library software to the SD card in the reader moves the files to the reader, activates the countdown clock, but does not allow me to open them (shows the DRM screen). Very frustrating.
Mad_Max is offline   Reply With Quote