View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 02:48 AM   #40
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I don't really trust Goodereader. If it was Kickstarted, I might have thought about it, but not with IndieGoGo.

That said, I see nothing ultimate about this.
  • No page turning buttons.
  • Nothing about a metal body.
  • Only 512MB of ram and claims it will run apps. Nope, not happening.
  • No Bluetooth.
  • No wireless charging.
  • No built-in support for Calibre Content Server or OPDS. That you can download apps that support them is insufficient for an ultimate ereader claim.
  • No information whatsoever about a built-in the engine, but I guess we can download Bluefire for RMSDK. Still, no ultimate ereader here.
  • i.MX6S isn't best thing there is, i.MX7S is coming out and there are others too. You have to remember that i.MX6S is four years old.
  • I don't think there will be any extensive customer service.

As a last note, the writing in the campaing is quite rude and bad, you haven't invented the vaccine for malaria, this is just a bulk order for a high-spec eraeder. And asking for money with such sloppy presentation? Really? A junior high student could have written better.

This is all vapor, nothing solid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
What I don't understand is the constant rudeness from some forum members here. I was always taught growing up, if I had nothing nice to say, then say nothing. I still practice that.

I don't need to put products or people down. Perhaps that's why I seldom post here.
If I have nothing nice to say about some product, I will say all the bad things I have to say. This is the right and moral thing to do when talking about a consumer product. This is why forums like MR exist, to provide information without filtering it. You have to share bad with good, the bad is even more important than the good.

You know; all good products are alike, each bad product is bad in its own way =)

Last edited by GERGE; 10-24-2015 at 03:06 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote