View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #65
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's an unusual but interesting offering for:

Humble Book Bundle Puzzles presented by Lone Shark Games & Friends containing a lot of books of mostly crossword puzzles, and also sudoku, mazes, logic and wordplay puzzlers, and also at least one narrative novel written in a choose your own adventure-like interactive style, apparently all in PDF format for understandable reasons.

Minimum level is $1, middle tier is a non-negotiable $7, top-tier is $15 and entitles you to receive additional bonuses which are unlocked if the bundle makes certain sales goals. Unusually, all three tiers will have one bonus book added next week. There's also an option for a physical hardcover book (shipping not included). ETA: one of the crossword books also includes a free download of it for using it in the Puzzazz iPhone/iPad app. And they give you a special badge for solving the puzzle hidden in the description, which was easier than I thought it would be.

It's nice to see more diversity in the categories of HB book offerings and I've always been interested in puzzles and mindgames, so I think I'll give this one a try pour encourager les autres.

Quote:

Boggle your mind with our most puzzling bundle yet. Is your head insufficiently confused? Your brain not quite wracked enough? Fret no more, because we’ve partnered with Lone Shark Games to bring you a bundle of puzzle books, including crosswords, logic puzzles, word teasers, and more.

At the heart of the bundle is The Maze of Games, the epic puzzle novel by the legendary puzzle designer Mike Selinker and the accomplished artist Pete Venters. You can be among the first to get the new PDF hint book The Theseus Guide to the Final Maze, whose contents will be determined by your contributions—for each $20,000 this campaign raises, you’ll get another puzzle in the book when it comes out in October!

This bundle features never-before-available books by puzzlemakers like the brilliant Brendan Emmett Quigley, the youthful Francis Heaney, and the remarkable Pavel Curtis. There are also books by the inventive Patrick Berry, the nimble-minded Matt Jones, the talented Patrick Merrell, the honorable Patrick Blindauer, and the splendiferous Thomas “Dr. Sudoku” Snyder.

Here’s what’s in the bundle, with an asterisk (*) indicating a collection never available in book form before:

Pay $1 or more and you’ll get Berry’s Vicious Circle, Blindauer’s Summer Puzzlefest: I Know What I Did Last Summer, Curtis’s Logical Leaps and Landings: An Adalogical Ænigmas Collection*, Merrell’s Aha! 125 Original & Amusing Word Puzzles, Quigley’s ALT-X: Now Crosswords for Now People*, and Killer Cryptics.

Pay $7 or more to also get Selinker’s The Maze of Games, Blindauer’s Musical Puzzlefest: Play On!, Heaney’s Idiosyncrossies: 25 Indie Crosswords*, Jones’s No Holds Barred Crosswords, Merrell’s Punchline Puzzles, Quigley’s Marching Bands Year One*, and Snyder's The Art of Sudoku.

Pay $15 or more to also get The Theseus Guide to the Final Maze (when it’s released), Berry’s The Crypt, Blindauer’s Out-of-This-World Space Puzzlefest and Vegas Puzzlefest: Strip Tease, Quigley’s Diagramless Crosswords Year One*, Merrell’s Mastermind Mazes, and Selinker’s Crosswords of Wisdom*.

Pay $42 or more and you’ll also receive the hardcover edition of The Maze of Games, available from Penny Arcade! Follow the instructions on your download page to redeem at Penny Arcade (shipping not included).

For each $20,000 this bundle raises, a new puzzle will be added to the hint book The Theseus Guide to the Final Maze, which will be released on October to those who purchased the $15 tier or higher!

Last edited by ATDrake; 07-20-2016 at 02:21 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote