View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
I don't mean to sound shrill, but to chalk a global price hike up to a glitch just seems far-fetched.
And maybe it's not a glitch. I just know some of our international members have been having issues with their tried and true methods for getting books on their Kindles from outside the US and the problems seem to come and go, like stuff is being done on the back end.

Quote:
[EDIT] A little bit more digging has turned up their pricing rationale and other interesting hidden charges. If you add the per-book $2 international download fee the price becomes $4.99, and then add 15% VAT on that figure, you end up with $5.74.

Seems the International Kindle really isn't as great as advertised . . .
Maybe it won't be all it's cracked up to be. Maybe to get hooked up with wireless carriers they're having to pay more than what they pay Sprint. I don't know, but I'd give them a chance to explain.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote