View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #267
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive the obvious questions, but why not simply turn the brightness down? You can turn the iPad's backlight down all the way to "off".
Gamba already answered it, but yes, the "problem" is that if you turn down the iPad's brightness, the contrast gets fairly bad and it becomes hard to decipher the text (causes eye strain, like reading in twilight). I did find some color themes in Marvin that allow for a pretty decent reading experience (I used the iPad as my primary ebook reading device for a couple years), but e-ink readers are easier on my eyes when reading fiction for longer periods of time.

My ideal device would have the "stillness" and print quality of an e-ink display, and the responsiveness of a retina LCD display. One day, perhaps!
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote