View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #25389
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Fifteen floors is a HUGE loss! That wouldn't be acceptable in the states!
Well, I'm from the States and it's certainly NOT acceptable to me, which is why I'm sitting here waiting for the tech to show up. I'm sure the building owners won't allow the Provider to run their own coax up the building, but the Provider has two other options that I can see; either opening the throttle to the service they are giving me, planning on a 80%+/- loss, or installing a wi-fi hotspot repeater out on the pole near the house. The first won't cost them any money, but the second would be better for me. But TIT (This Is Thailand,) they may opt to just throw up their hands in despair while shaking their heads saying 'gee, there's nothing we can do.' That is the common solution given, but we ex-pats know that if we keep at them, we do eventually get what we pay for. It's a matter of 'who gives up first.' The trick is to never, EVER lose your temper in Thailand.

Quote:
(patience my ass lol!)
I wonder why "Hurry the f@@k up!" can't be a virtue? In Thailand everything moves slowly. It's always very laid back and with a smile.

Before we moved back to Japan I was hired every year to shoot a group photo of a Linguistics Convention that met here once a year. Having done so for several years, I began having lunch with the group afterwards. I was sitting at a table with a Linguist from Mexico, one from Thailand, and two others from the US.
The Thai linguist turned to the one from Mexico and said;
"I have been studying your language and am intrigued by the many different uses of the Spanish word 'maņana.' It can be used to cover so many situations.'
The Mexican linguist replied; "Yes, and we use it often. Please tell me, do you have a similar word in your language." The Thai linguist replied; "No, sorry. We have nothing that implies so much urgency..."

Oh well, time for more tea...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote