View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
simonpetrie
simonpetrie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader and Kindle
Free e-book: my SF novella 'Flight 404', available free until 03/04/2013

To solve the mystery of the vanished spacecraft, the Bougainvillaea, investigator/pilot Charmain Mertz must return to the conservative world of her boyhood.

My novella, 'Flight 404', blends aspects of deep-space adventure, detection, and transgender fiction. It's currently available as a free download from the Kindle Store, at http://www.amazon.com/Flight-404-ebook/dp/B00AR5U2JW/

The freebie ends midnight on Monday (March 4th, Pacific time).

"The science is gripping, the writing that of an author at the top of their game, the story full of rivets that drive in and don't let go." - Aurealis XPress (review by Lachlan Huddy)

"Flight 404 is easy to read and the construction of the plot, from Charmain's arrival in the system to her discovery of what actually did happen to the Bougainvillea is logical and well-paced." - SF Crowsnest (review by Kelly Jensen)

"I really enjoyed this story, felt that that the character was an honest and positive representation of a transgender person and I was captive to the mystery and story right until the end. More in this vein Mr Petrie please." - Sean the Blogonaut (review by Sean Wright)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-03-2013 at 06:48 AM.
simonpetrie is offline   Reply With Quote