View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sigil 0.7 Pretty print

I applaud the new ability to Save despite badly formed code, allowing a problem to be put on hold until the next session.

But Pretty Print, unless globally disabled, still tries to tidy up. Code isn't saved "as is".

I suggest that, where Save would have thrown up an error message, refusing to proceed until malformed code is corrected, it should instead warn that the code will be saved "as is" and Pretty Print should be automatically disabled for that Save.

To see what I mean, edit the first "p" out of:

<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce orci turpis, ultrices vel vehicula a, fermentum sed tellus. Ut sit amet dolor sed quam laoreet pellentesque</p>

Now Save. See what Pretty Print does? You don't get back your faulty code "as is" ready to continue working on, you get a "corrected" version. Not useful.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote