View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You're once again wrong on all counts.

The fixed layout is Epub. It passes validation. Everyone besides you has conceded the issue. Just because you've made up your own personal set of rules does not change the fact that the fixed layout ebooks are Epub.
Prior to the ePub 3 spec, there was no spec for fixed layout in ePub. So it's not possible for fixed layout that's not ePub 3 to be ePub. What is it you don't get?

If I buy say an eBook from B&N that's published by Simon & Shuster and remove the DRM, it's a standard ePub eBook. The only thing different about it is the DRM. The eBook under the DRM is a box standard ePub. What about that don't you get? Because it is ePub, it counts. If I download the sample, it will be standard ePub (without DRM). This has nothing to do with what I want and everything to do with what actually is. When B&N first started selling eBooks, they were selling eReader format. Now they sell ePub. The same reflowing ePub that other shops sell but with different DRM. So if you read an ePub purchased from B&N, you are reading ePub. Every eBook I've purchased from B&N has been ePub. B&N sells ePub with a different flavor of DRM.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote