View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #32
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
So I guess that nobody with abusive partner problems should be allowed on MR or commenting about organisations they work for or giving advice advice about the device their company makes or... there are lots of reasons why people prefer not to use their real identity at all on the internet, that was always one of its strengths for anyone who might be a bit insecure personally, worried about identity theft and or other reasons.

If anyone uses anonymity to hide behind for illegal/offensive behaviour then they can be kicked off and, if necessary, tracked by law enforcement to their real identity if the activity is criminal... it certainly doesn't require that everybody use their real ID, fine if you're happy doing it, many aren't and the presence of a few anonymous jerks is the price we pay for others freedom to express themselves...
Also, +1 to this. The insistence on a Real Name is extremely problematic. (And I'd imagine that a quick poll of MR moderators would find that few of them have Real Names listed in their siggies. If we can trust "anonymous" moderators, then why not commenters?)

I've known people in Real Life whose Real Name participation online backfired in a bad way through no fault of their own. I would not presume to insist that everyone use their Real Life name online for these very reasons.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote