View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
I know Bob's in-depth Part 2 will cover all this is detail, but I'd like to add that one great feature for "speed scanning" is that the 3600 has buttons on the scanner to initiate the scan, a separate one for each of the three scanning modes, B&W, Grayscale, and Color. Once set up*, you can just place the book and press the appropriate button on the scanner. You don't have to reach and click in the software. That really speeds things up.

(*By set up, I mean what Bob talked about in his response above - have the page size adjusted, mode, folder, file prefix, etc., all set up for a particular book, including that pesky (at least to me) page rotate feature (which is quite handy).)

Bob, I'm really looking forward to next installment. If you can figure out what criteria it uses to calculate 'odd' and 'even' on the page rotate feature, I'll be eternally grateful! (It probably doesn't help that I forget to set it until after I've started scanning. )
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote