View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #319
travtufts
travtufts began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello and thank you for working on this great kindle hack! I've been reading some books lately that are very technically challenging at times, and having x-ray is a huge help. A number of my books aren't officially X-Ray enabled through Amazon, so I checked this thread out.

I've tried both the calibre plugin, as well as the http://www.xunwang.me/xray/ method, and am having some trouble with a personal document AZW file (sent as .mobi, but converted by the PD service to AZW).

When running the calibre plugin, I enter the appropriate information and get "IOERROR: Errno 32 Broken Pipe. The details are as follows:

calibre, version 1.21.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 32] Broken pipe

calibre 1.21 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.5.0: Sun Sep 29 13:33:47 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.48.12~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.8.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 69, in generate_selected
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 112, in _generate_selected
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 359, in generate_xray
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.lib.kindleunpa ck", line 1490, in unpackBook
File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.lib.kindleunpa ck", line 1108, in process_all_mobi_headers
File "lib/python2.7/codecs.py", line 352, in write
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

When I use the http://www.xunwang.me/xray/ method and simply drop the file that results from it into the .sdr folder for that book, the X-Ray icon is available in that book, but when I tap it I get the "X-Ray is not enabled for this book [WG]" error.

Do either of these make any sense to anyone?

Thank you for your help!
travtufts is offline   Reply With Quote