View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since Qt is supposed to be a shortcut module that contains the entire PyQt namespace, this is a bug in ubuntu. You should open a ticket. I'll make that change in the code though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
Ubuntu 8.10 Seems to have the QWebPage class in the QtWebKit module instead of Qt, as seen in calibre's source.

I have made this change to the source, and now I get no errors, and ePub cover thumbnails display fine in the GUI:

Code:
=== modified file 'src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py'
--- src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-11 00:44:56 +0000
+++ src/calibre/ebooks/metadata/epub.py	2008-10-14 12:53:27 +0000
@@ -10,8 +10,12 @@
 from contextlib import closing
 from ctypes import c_long, byref

-from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage, QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
+from PyQt4.Qt import QUrl, QEventLoop, QSize, QByteArray, QBuffer, \
                      SIGNAL, QPainter, QImage, QObject, QApplication
+try:
+    from PyQt4.Qt import QWebPage
+except ImportError:
+    from PyQt4.QtWebKit import QWebPage

from calibre.utils.PythonMagickWand import ImageMagick, NewMagickWand, MagickGetImageBlob, \
                                            MagickReadImageBlob, MagickTrimImage, MagickSetFormat
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote