View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Actually, (said she hesitantly) I prefer locations - particularly when they say Location X of Y - I have a much better feel for where I am in the book.

Of course, there was the book on neuroscience that ended at 60% completed, and all the rest was footnotes. Not very interesting footnotes, either, just references.
I'm usually reading novels and I like the percentage read displayed. If I were needing to reference a specific location then "location" works fine for anyone using a Kindle.

I'm sure during the transition to internal combustion engines people whined about missing the earthy smell of horse shit, too. I don't consider the Kindle the end of the evolution. It's more like the Stanley Steamer.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote