View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #284
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
60 day update from Ed Bott a ZDNET:
http://www.zdnet.com/my-60-days-with...45/?s_cid=e589

Quote:
After more than 60 days of steady use, the strengths and weaknesses of the device are much easier to see.

Yes, it does come close to hitting that sweet spot as the perfect work/play combo, especially if your world revolves around Microsoft Office, as mine does. But there are frustrating gaps in the overall experience that make it less than ideal, especially for work scenarios that extend outside of Microsoft’s services.
Quote:
Initially, I had hoped that the Surface could completely replace my notebook for work-related travel. That turned out to be an unrealistic expectation. The Surface is an excellent traveling companion on short trips where I simply need to stay in touch via email and crank out the occasional document in Word, but for business trips I still need a full-strength notebook. Ironically, that means I’m carrying both a Windows 8 notebook and the Surface in my traveling bag. For my needs, it’s a better fit than an iPad at almost exactly the same price.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote