View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
HoundX,
Actually, I will write up how I changed the CAB files in a more detailed addition to this thread, but for now, what I did was download a 30-day time limit version of WinCE Cab Manager which allows you to not only update the XML inside the cab (and all the information you need to change to get an application working), but you can also create new CAB files and extract files from existing CAB files.

Nate,
The menu bar is working, although some applications in WinCE 6 seem to have the menu bar along the bottom instead of the top. Odd? Chinese OS maybe? In any event, its there and it works.

I'll be back later with more information. I'm trying to get some of the failed applications to work.

P.S. I found all of this out because the Meizu M8 phone device has MANY similarities to the SmartQ 5 and 7. I found a fan board that had information on how to get some of these apps working with the M8. I also modded some of the apps that were already modded for the M8 and took out the M8 menu specifics going into the installed app's registry entry in WinCE.

Last edited by ColdSun; 07-21-2009 at 09:26 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote