View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #273
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
Thank you twobob, but I don't mean to add YaHei to System Fonts and hide it. If I'm right, YaHei will use lots of system memory, and KT's memory is already very tiny.
He's not suggesting you hide it, but in order to use it, you need to enable the use of custom fonts. See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=8

When you enable custom fonts- with USE_ALT_FONTS- it also enables several other fonts that are hidden by default on the Kindle. Many choose to hide those extra fonts since they take up a lot of the font menu space- leaving little room for extra fonts. The KUAL extension simply hides those extra fonts. See this for more info:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=424

Quote:
I hope the Hacked Up Reader and KoReader will be the only programs that will see YaHei, if possible. It seems KoReader can load its custom fonts
I haven't used KoReader. Hackedup Reader allows you to choose a default font from the currently installed fonts- including user-added fonts.

Edit: Just tried KoReader. Looks like you can just drop your fonts right into KoReaders font folder.

Last edited by JimmyR; 04-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote